Nothing has tested your patience more than printer paper jam. You’re in the middle of printing an important document, and then suddenly, the printer stops printing and crumples the paper inside. But don’t worry, we’re Teko.ph, the largest aircon, appliance, and computer services provider in the Philippines, and we’re here to help! In this blog, we’ll provide solutions and tips to prevent it, and a quick overview of its causes.
Why Does Paper Jam Happen?
Have you ever noticed that when you’re in a hurry, that’s when the printer starts to malfunction? Sometimes, life’s just playing games on you. But most of the time, there’s really a reason behind it, and these are:
- You put too many sheets of paper into the paper tray when you’re in a rush. The printer then may grab multiple sheets at once, causing printer paper jam.
- The paper stack in the paper tray is not properly aligned.
- You forget to remove paper clips or staple wires from the paper before printing.
- You load the wrong paper size or type.
- There are sheets of paper with torn or folded corners.
- You overlook the error messages related to printing.
Simple Steps to Fix Printer Paper Jam
If you encounter a printer paper jam, follow these steps to resolve it:
- Check your computer or laptop. If there’s an error message, review it and follow the instructions.
- Gently remove the paper. Remove the torn pieces to prevent them from getting stuck also.
- Check the paper path to make sure there are no debris or small paper pieces.
- Reload the paper tray with the right paper size or type. Also, make sure it is properly aligned and the guides are snugly fit against the paper.
- Do a test print first! If you’re printing multiple pages, try to print the first page to check if the printer paper jam has been resolved.
How to Prevent Printer Paper Jam
When you’re in a rush, it’s really inconvenient to experience a printer paper jam. It’s not always possible to avoid it, but you can take extra measures to prevent paper jams!
For the paper, always make sure that they’re high-quality without folds, paper clips, or staples. When loading the paper tray, ensure that they’re just enough for the printer’s capacity. Fan the stack so the printer can smoothly grab one sheet at a time. Give the paper a little shake or wave, like how you handle a deck of cards.
For proper maintenance, it’s always best to book a professional technician, especially if you experience frequent printer paper jams. We also recommend you hire a technician if you hear unusual noises when printing or for paper jams in specialized printers.
If you’re looking for a reliable technician in Metro Manila to repair your printer and other computer-related issues, just book with Teko! Visit our website today and schedule a service in just a few clicks.