A mini fridge is compact and cute—it perfectly fits your room or condo unit. However, because of its size, you may find it challenging to fit all of your snacks and drinks. But we’re here, Teko.ph, the largest aircon, appliance, and computer services provider in the Philippines, with some tips on how to organize your mini refrigerator.
Are mini fridges worth it?
You may have heard about mini fridges that makeup enthusiasts use to store their beauty products. But a mini fridge can also keep snacks, drinks, or sweets cold. Thanks to its compact design, it is small enough to put on top of a table!
If you have a workspace or office area at home, it’s a convenient appliance to add to your setup. You won’t need to go out of the room or even stand up to get snacks or drinks.
For large families, you can use this as a spare cooling space for special items like wine or chocolates. In the same way, small households can use a mini ref if you only have a few items to store inside.
Tips for Organizing Items In Your Mini Refrigerator
Even if there is limited space, you can still maximize that when you keep things organized inside. Here are some tips for maintaining a mini fridge in order:
- Clean the mini refrigerator first. Make sure it is unplugged, and then use a slightly damp soft cloth to wipe the interiors.
- Use shelf liners so you can easily clean spills from sauces and liquids. Choose plastic or silicone shelf liners—they’re easier to wipe down.
- Put dairy products and meat on the top shelf. This is usually the coolest area.
- Place beverages, fruits, or any other snack in the middle or bottom layer, if any.
- If the mini refrigerator has a door shelf, you can place condiments or dressings here. This is usually the warmest part.
- Use clear organizers so you can easily see the contents of your mini ref. If your mini ref has no shelves, use stackable bins to save space.
- Label the storage bins so you can remember what’s inside. You can also put dates so you can consume food before they expire.
Choosing A Mini Refrigerator For Your Home
It’s always a must to consider your purpose when choosing a home appliance. And even if it’s a mini refrigerator, there are lots of refrigerator brands and sizes to choose from also. Check the interiors to see if they fit your storage needs.
Like a regular fridge, you must also clean it regularly. Use a soft cloth to wipe stains and moisture. Never use a sharp object to remove any ice buildup. And in case of any issue, don’t hesitate to call a refrigerator technician since a mini ref may have different specifications or needs.