Ever noticed your laptop getting hot? Don’t worry (yet!) because we’re here to help! We’re Teko.ph, the largest aircon, appliance, and computer services provider in the Philippines, with a list of laptop overheating causes and some easy fixes you can try.
Common Causes of Laptop Overheating
Usually, your laptop overheats because of internal components or the external environment.
- Accumulated dust and dirt: Like aircons and other appliances with vents, your laptop’s cooling system can get clogged with dust and dirt.
- Lack of ventilation: When you use your laptop in bed, do you place a pillow or blanket under it? Doing this can block the airflow, resulting in laptop overheating.
- Intensive tasks: Using multiple resource-intensive programs like video editing apps or games will make your laptop work harder. This generates excess heat also.
- High ambient temperature: Like you, your laptop will “feel” hot when you use it in a warm environment. The same goes when it receives direct sunlight.
Simple Solutions for Laptop Overheating
To prevent laptop overheating and ensure optimal performance, you may try these steps:
- Place your laptop on hard, flat surfaces like a desk or table.
- Use a laptop cooling pad or laptop stand to create space for airflow. That may also help improve your viewing angle!
- Use a soft brush to clean the laptop’s vents and ports.
- Make sure that you use it in a well-ventilated area.
- Close applications and background processes that you don’t use.
Regular Maintenance to Avoid Overheating
To maintain your laptop’s cooling system and prevent overheating, consider scheduling regular maintenance tasks. Aside from following our tips above, we highly recommend booking a laptop technician to help you.
A computer technician has the expertise and skills to perform maintenance tasks that you can’t simply DIY. This includes thermal paste application, internal cleaning, hardware inspection, and systems diagnostics.
You can simply book an on-site computer repair in Metro Manila with Teko for convenient maintenance services! Our certified technicians can assess your laptop’s condition and can also help you prevent other problems like laptop lagging. Visit our website today and let our technicians help you!