When you see signs that your aircon needs cleaning, you can easily clean the filter first and book an aircon technician for deep cleaning after. But if the AC unit shows signs of damage, the best time to call for expert help is now. We’re Teko.ph, the largest aircon and appliance services provider in the Philippines, and we’ve listed important points on why you shouldn’t delay aircon repair.
Increased Energy Bills
When your aircon is not functioning properly, it has to work harder to cool your space, leading to increased energy bills. Delaying aircon repair can cause your system to consume more energy than necessary, leading to higher monthly bills.
To check your aircon power consumption, you may use our tool to estimate its cost.
A malfunctioning aircon is just like having no aircon at all, especially if you live in a tropical country like the Philippines. Delaying aircon repair can make your space too hot or too cold, affecting your sleep, productivity, and overall quality of life.
A malfunctioning aircon can also lead to poor indoor air quality. It may even trigger allergies and other health issues.
Delaying aircon repair can cause small problems to escalate into more expensive issues. A minor repair that could have been fixed quickly and cheaply can turn into a costly and time-consuming repair job. For your convenience, you can just go for an annual aircon maintenance plan for timely cleaning and checking by professional technicians from Teko. No need to worry when you forget about having your AC unit checked because with an aircon plan, you will receive reminders and you can easily track the plan online.
A malfunctioning aircon can pose safety risks to you and your family or colleagues. Faulty wiring or other electrical problems can cause electrical shocks, fires, or other safety hazards.
Make sure you have an aircon electrician inspect any wiring connected to your aircon before attempting any repairs yourself. This will ensure that everything is up to code and safe from potential fires or other safety risks caused by electrical malfunctions or outdated equipment.
Signs That You Need Aircon Repair Now
For sure, you would like to avoid the four things we mentioned above. It’s not just about the costs, your comfort and health may be put at risk. So when you see these signs, take it as a final reminder to book for aircon repair now:
- Weak airflow: If your air conditioner is not blowing air as strongly as it used to, it may be a sign that the compressor is failing or that there is a blockage in the air ducts.
- Warm air: If your air conditioner is blowing warm air instead of cool air, it may be a sign that the refrigerant level is low or that there is a problem with the compressor.
- Strange noises: If your air conditioner is making strange noises, such as grinding or squealing sounds, it may be a sign that some parts are loose or faulty.
- Foul smells: If your air conditioner is emitting a foul smell, it may be a sign that there is mold or mildew growing inside the unit, which can be harmful to your health.
- Moisture around the unit: If you notice moisture or water pooling around your air conditioner, it may be a sign that the drain tube or pan is clogged, or that there is a refrigerant leak.
Delaying aircon repair can affect your health, comfort, and finances. But you can avoid this by calling a professional aircon technician! As soon as you see any of these signs, just book an aircon repair service in three steps through Teko.