Did you recently get a new washer for your home? Well, you’re on your way to hassle-free laundry days now! But if you are a first-time user, we’re here to help. We’re Teko.ph, the largest aircon, appliance, and computer services provider in the Philippines, with a basic guide to using your front load washing machine.
Step 1: Sort your clothes.
The simplest way to group clothes is through their colors. You may separate the white clothing from the pastels or bright clothes, and then make another group for dark-colored clothes. Soft clothing with dark colors usually bleed colors, especially black, deep red, navy blue, and other dark shades.
Next, separate items made with other materials like lace or beads. You must also group all jeans or towels since they need a more heavy wash cycle.
Step 2: Put your clothes per group in the front load washing machine.
Start with the whites and make sure not to overfill it for a better cycle. We recommend washing the dark clothes last so that any color bleeding will not affect other clothes.
Step 3: Set the wash cycle.
From the control panel, select the appropriate wash cycle depending on your laundry. If you’re unsure, check the user manual so you can also know the descriptions per cycle.
You may also select other settings like delayed start, extra rinse, and pre-wash.
Step 4: Start the cycle.
It’s usually the biggest button you can see from the control panel. Make sure to close the washing machine’s door properly. Don’t forget to take note of the duration so you can check the machine once the cycle’s done.
Step 5: Unload your laundry.
Once you hear the beeping sound, carefully open the door and remove your clean laundry. Shake the clothes out and fluff them to prevent wrinkles.
For more details, you may also read our Easy Guide on How to Use an Automatic Washing Machine.
Tips for Using A Front Load Washing Machine
If it’s your first time using a front load washing machine from a manual machine, give yourself some time to adjust! To help you, here are tips for using it:
- Do not overload. Leave some space so that the clothes can easily move during the cycle.
- Check all pockets first! Remove any buttons, coins, money bills, paper, and all other items.
- Use the right detergent and fabric softeners. You may use a liquid detergent that easily dissolves in water. This can give you better cleaning results since the detergent mixes properly with the clothes as they tumble.
- Know the right wash cycle depending on your load. This is to ensure that you won’t waste water and detergent and that you won’t under wash or even damage your clothes.
- Put just the right amount of detergent and fabric softener. Don’t overdo it! Use a small cup so you can measure it. Excessive soap can lead to buildup residue in your machine.
In case you encounter any sign of damage or issue, don’t hesitate to call a technician immediately. A front load washing machine is relatively expensive, that’s why you should give it the right care so you won’t have extra expenses.
Just book with Teko for home service washing machine repairs anytime! Our certified technicians can service all types and brands of washing machines wherever you are in Metro Manila. Visit our website today and simply book online!