It’s warm outside, and you’re excited to come home to cool down. But when you turn your AC on, it still isn’t as cold as you expect it. Want to know why and how to fix an aircon not cooling? We’re Teko.ph, the largest aircon, appliance, and computer services provider in the Philippines, with a quick guide.
Dirty AC Filter
When was the last time you cleaned your AC’s filter? Or maybe, did you ever clean it since the day you bought it? Aircons have a filter where dust and dirt accumulate, then restricting the airflow.
An undersized AC will continuously run, and can likely struggle to cool down your room. If you are aware of your room size and the capacity of your aircon, you can easily determine if it’s undersized or just right.
As a rule of thumb, a 0.5 HP aircon is enough for a 6-11 square meter room. Meanwhile, a 1 HP aircon can efficiently cool an 18-22 square meter room. For more details about sizing, you may read our blog about Why & How To Know Your Room Size For Aircon.
Direct Heat & Sunlight
Sometimes, there may be nothing wrong with an aircon not cooling. The problem is not within the unit itself but with your room situation. There may also be direct sunlight through your windows, adding heat to the room.
Age & Maintenance
Like other appliances, your aircon may become less efficient over time. If you do not clean your aircon regularly or maintain it, its parts may wear out also, reducing its performance level.
Tips to Fix Your “Aircon Not Cooling” Issue
Don’t let your aircon make you waste money, as it consumes energy without cooling the room! Here are some tips you can try to improve its performance:
- Clean your air filter every month. For aircon cleaning, book a service every 3-4 months.
- Use curtains or blinds to block out direct sunlight from entering your room.
- Check for air leaks or spaces around your room. Seal them so you can prevent warm air from entering your room and cool air from escaping.
- Book regular aircon maintenance services to keep your unit in its best condition. This can also help prevent minor issues from worsening.
- Upgrade to a better model, if necessary. If you realize that your AC is undersized, upgrade to the best aircon brands in the Philippines. Also, don’t forget to buy from a trusted shop like ConcepStore.
Aircon Not Cooling? Consult An Expert Today!
If your aircon has cooling problems, you may want to address them first to avoid higher energy consumption. We recommend that you find a reliable aircon technician to fix it promptly.
If you’re looking for the best aircon repair service in Metro Manila, just book with Teko! Our certified technicians can service all AC brands, whether it’s residential or light commercial type. Our services include aircon cleaning, repair and parts replacement, installation, relocation, dismantling, and more.
Visit our website today, and then book an aircon repair service anytime online.